Community Discord and Closed BETA

Discussion in 'Skytonia Announcements' started by Eraze, Nov 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eraze

Staff Member Administrator
    Eraze Administrator

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Welcome back everyone! If you made it this far, I want to say a big thank-you for sticking around and checking in - we really appreciate it! Today is a rather special day, as we’re finally announcing our plans, timeline and upcoming events that you can participate in. So, without further ado, sit back and enjoy the update!

Community Discord
    Firstly, I would like to announce the release of our Discord server! This might not seem like a whole lot, however, Discord is going to be a major key to the success in this community, as it will work as a platform for us to get together, have discussions and create relationships while the server is in its beginning stages. In this Discord, our team plans to remain incredibly active, and constantly stay in touch with this community for the benefit of everyone! So, you can expect to see things like Community Meetings, Staff Interviews and some awesome Events for everyone to participate in. To join our Discord and become a part of this incredible platform, simply visit the Discord widget on the home page and click "Connect" - We can’t wait to see you all there!

Clarification
    Now, before I begin discussing our BETA plans and dates, I want to clarify some things for everyone. This upcoming BETA will be the absolute first time anyone has entered the server, other than those working on it. Because of this, you can certainly expect to see some minor bugs and changes to be made - after all, that’s the whole point! The purpose of this first BETA is to test the core of our Skyblock system, and gather general opinions from the community, so please make sure you use the suggestions forum. As mentioned above, the CORE is our main focus for this upcoming event, and because of that, a very large amount of features will be out of reach or disabled. The server will feel like it’s missing things, and it may even feel slightly empty, but that’s the point, so please don’t be discouraged - we will have more events to test other features in the very near future!

BETA Times
    Time for the good stuff, right? Once again just to clarify, any of the following dates are due to change if necessary, so please keep posted that way you’re always up to date. After some discussion with our team, we have come to the conclusion that our first BETA period will begin on Monday the 21st at 5 pm CST, and will finish on Saturday the 26th at 11:59 pm CST. This gives everyone a full 5 days to experience what we have created, and play as much as possible to help us filter any bugs, issues or changes that need to be made. Like I said above, this also gives everyone the opportunity to share their ideas, propose changes or additions and generally give an opinion. We value the opinion of everyone in this community, and we really look forward to what you have to hear! To simplify the time-zone situation, here are some countdowns to help everyone make sure they’re on time! Starting time: http://itsalmo.st/#skytoniabeta Finishing time: http://itsalmo.st/#skytoniabetafinish

Signing Up

You’re probably wondering, how do I sign up? Good question. This period will technically be a “Closed BETA”, meaning anyone who wishes to participate in the event needs to put their name down. In the comments, simply write your In-game name and a short reason as to why you wish to participate (for fun). If you have any questions regarding this, simply shoot us a PM or a comment below and we’ll be sure to answer!

Thank-you once again for reading, and we hope you’re as excited as we are! We can’t wait to see you all online, and we’ll speak with you soon!

#1 Eraze, Nov 14, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Snacky

Snacky Member

Snackster
    I want to join the 'closed beta' because, I wish to find as many bugs as possible.
    To make the game-mode more fun, without having an issues.​

3. Arad

Arad Active Member

IGN: Vaype
    Have fun and squish some nasty bugs of course

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  4. Jeremiah

Jeremiah Well-Known Member

IGN: JustWheelz
    Reason: It will be the first time I open MC in almost a month and it could be fun, who knows.

5. Bergmister

Bergmister Active Member

Bergmister
    I would love to join the beta as this seems like a very special and table turning event, as it is the first ever beta of the server. In addition, I would love to get a feel of the gameplay and to see what is in store!

6. Kieran

Kieran Active Member

IGN: MrKizza
    I would like to see what has been done to the server and see how much fun it will be once it's released ;)

7. Zip

Zip Active Member

IGN: Ziqz
    I've been waiting to join the server! Now it's almost here. :) I would like to help find those bugs. and get a feel for the server.

8. Cade

Cade New Member

IGN: Razelite
    joining the closed beta will really give me the opportunity to begin showcasing my elite skyblock skills.

9. Arad

Arad Active Member

LOL dead

10. PrimDemure

PrimDemure New Member

IGN: PrimDemure

Reason: I'm the most overconfident person on these forums. It makes perfect sense to allow me to be in the Closed Beta.​

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
    • Creative x 1
  11. JMan

JMan New Member

JMan_X_X
    Am good mineman.
    I am a legend!!!
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  12. KikiInuyoshyy

KikiInuyoshyy New Member

IGN: KikiInuyoshyy
    I am interested in the many things c:

13. Arad

Arad Active Member

@Eraze devouch
    Longpenis' aren't allowed soz

14. Unheroic

Unheroic Member

IGN: Unheroic
    Cuz why not

15. Flame

Flame Member

Ign: Flamatix
    Reason: I want to test the many things on here. (ps Im a better mineman then @JMan )

#15 Flame, Nov 16, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2016
  16. Anthony

Anthony Member

IGN: Alterfar
    Reason: Looking to help you find any bugs that there might be hiding around. Also... might be kind of fun... :^)

17. Eli

Eli New Member

In Game Name: SuppyCraft
    This server seems to have attracted the attention of lots of people so far, this should be interesting

18. WonderlandChaos

WonderlandChaos New Member

Name: WonderlandChaos
    Reason: I am intrigued to see what I've signed myself up for ^.^

19. dejounte

dejounte New Member

IGN - dejounte
    Looks like a fun time

20. Beard

Beard New Member

IGN: BeardOfNorris
    Gotta show off my SkyBlock skills ;^]