Murder Mystery Update #2 - Throwing Knives and More!

Discussion in 'Skytonia Announcements' started by Erictigerawr, Mar 31, 2017.

1. Erictigerawr

Erictigerawr Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Greetings again everyone! Hope you've had an amazing week and are ready for an even better weekend, because that's exactly what we've got planned! I'm super duper excited to share yet another amazing Murder Mystery update with you for the second week in a row, I know right? So sit back, take a read and I'll see you online when you're done!

Throwable Knife

Stuck in a sticky situation? See a tasty player but unable to reach them? Well, the new Throwable Knife is the perfect solution for you! Murderers can now throw their knife to get those pesky innocents when they just can't reach! Simply aim your knife at the target, right-click, and watch the magic happen! However, the Murderer only gets 3 throwing knives each game, so use them wisely!

[​IMG]

Player Tracker
    Having trouble finding those last few hiders? Have no fear, the Player Tracker is now here! We have added a new high-tech tracking tool for murderers to locate innocents. Murderers will now receive the Player Tracker in their inventory when there is only one remaining innocent or when it is the last minute of the game. This tracker will point in the direction of the nearest innocent, good luck!

New Map: The Ink Machine [This Weekend]

Introducing our brand new map: The Ink Machine, a spooky old maintenance floor containing a boiler and tons of gear machinery. Creep through dark corridors as you find your way around the abandoned ink-splattered map. Find secrets hidden around which will reveal the history of the machine and show you the steps to restore the main power. This map will go live on the Network over the next few days, so stay tuned!

Murder Mystery Statistics

Finally, when you win a game of Murder Mystery, you'll be able to brag to your friends about it! We have an awesome new statistics system which will keep track of cool stats based on your progress of playing the game. We'll be tracking Karma, Killed Murderers, Times Murdered, Bystanders Killed, Games Played (Wins and Loses), and Total Parts Collected. Players will be able to view their statistics in a Murder Mystery lobby, and soon in the Main Hub!

Minor Changes
    With this update, we've fixed quite a few bugs as well as making a few smaller changes regarding the gameplay. Be sure to let us know what you think in the comments below!

• Dead Players Tag: Murderers can now see which players are dead as they are marked in the tab list. No longer will murderers forget who they've killed!
    • Gameplay Sound Effects: We've added some spooky new sound effects to make the game feel even more intense! As you're walking around, you'll now begin to hear creaks, doors opening and much worse! But, will you know if it's fake or real?
    • Bullet Restrictions: No longer will you be able to spray bullets without thinking! After this update, Innocent users will only have 5 available bullets each time they craft a gun! However, the Detective is gifted with the ability to shoot as many times as they like, so make sure you stay close!
    • Game Finishing Message: At the end of the game, you'll now see a fancy new message in chat, that will display which team won, along with what users were the Murderer and the Detective!
    • Frozen While Waiting: At the beginning of each game, you'll now notice that you're frozen and unable to move while your role is being selected, this allows you to focus on your goal and prepare to win! Along with this, we have added some cool new sounds to the role selection animation.
    Phew, wasn't that a mouth full? We hope you Skytonian's enjoy this week's update and be sure to let us know your feedback below! Also, don't forget that today is a very special day, so be sure to come online if you want to see something special...

#1 Erictigerawr, Mar 31, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2017
    • Like x 3
    • Informative x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Winner x 1
  2. Eraze

Staff Member Administrator
    Eraze Administrator

KAWABUNGA!

• Creative Creative x 1
  3. Bergmister

Bergmister Active Member

OOO SOME LOVELY NEW FEATURES I MUST TRY OUT!

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  4. KingArthor

KingArthor New Member

why does the skin look different though is it for april fools??

5. Bergmister

Bergmister Active Member

APRIL FOOLS! Everyone is going to look like a version of NewScapePro's skin :)

It won't last forever so enjoy it while it lasts ;)

• Creative Creative x 1
  6. Tyzure

Tyzure New Member

SHAZZAM! A new update before I wake up? My lucky day. I gotta try all of these new features out.

• Creative Creative x 1
  7. Pyne

Pyne Member

:DOooo! Excited for statistics!!

8. ITAC3C

ITAC3C Active Member

9. Zip

Zip Active Member

Well I'm not playing murder anymore.
    Too broken for the murderer.
    First they could sprint, now they can through knifes? Okay.

Actually, unless they add leader boards.

10. Erictigerawr

Erictigerawr Well-Known Member

The murderer only has 3 throwing knives, while the detective has unlimited shots. :)

If you feel like something should be changed to improve the game, feel free to let us know!

11. Zoidberg

Zoidberg Member

Personally, I think the Innocent Finder should only be 30 seconds. Because the murderer can easily find the innocents in one minute. But 30 seconds it will be more easier for the innocents to survive

Cool update :).

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. FriskDaPacifist

FriskDaPacifist New Member

How do you pmay games and make ur character

13. MylesDev

MylesDev New Member

14. FriskDaPacifist

FriskDaPacifist New Member

15. MoonHuntress

MoonHuntress Well-Known Member

WAIT DOORS OPENING DOES THAT MEAN YOU CAN OPEN DOORS AGAIN?? ;-;

Also, I agree with this... it's too OP rn, especially with the throwing knives. The murderer can easily wait until the end and find everyone immediately

16. Anthony

Anthony Member

Looks really nice, can't wait to play some murder and see how the throwing knife will change the game-play experience.

17. Snacky

Snacky Member

HYPE - looks great, keep it up! :)

18. CaidenMcC

CaidenMcC New Member

Theres a problem with the new update you have to not move to start the game

19. stripes879

stripes879 New Member

me: *reads updates* oohhhhh throwable knives cool *sees the new map* ink machine...
    *eyes widen*
    me: Bendy....is.....coming.....
    so bendy and the ink machine is the new map right? cuz if im wrong oh dear ;-;

20. Robsino

Robsino Member

Murder Mystery update?!!?1 No way!!