Skytonia's activity

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FoxPlayz, Mar 14, 2018.

1. FoxPlayz

FoxPlayz Member

Here's something I've noticed with the websites and the player's activity. Ever since Skytonia moved to bedrock, the forums have been slowed down. With skytonia returning back to java, it's still the same, only it feels more dead. Basically no one is using the forums. Each week, I come to this website, and only one person has replied to a post, no new one. I've been on the suggestions page, nothing new. This is a serious problem, and it just feels like skytonia has almost no activity. We really need new players.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. ktendo64

ktendo64 New Member

Yep. Its feels more dead, Bedrock just ruined the Community is what I think and the forums are like a desert u might find 1 village but that is all, Nearly 60% of my friends are gone so yea. I also feel more bored somehow..

3. FoxPlayz

FoxPlayz Member

I don't know why, but I get the feeling that not everyone knows that Skytonia is back. However, I know there is hope that the server will return to how it used to be, with a huge community,

4. ktendo64

ktendo64 New Member

I wish it does turn back :I I also wish that my friend will come back but Its 50 for dead server and 50 for alive but I say that bedrock kinda made people not trust the sever (Cos there was no warning, no offence server admins) . but that's my opinion
    - Ktendo

5. FoxPlayz

FoxPlayz Member

The team really needs to up their announces, or else they'll lose players. Thankfully, not every part of Skytonia had died

6. xXOmegaTrollXx

xXOmegaTrollXx New Member

Tbh even before bedrock most of the nice people were gone and murderer mystery was really toxic , i don't really play anymore so i can't say that it's still toxic , all though i was really active for the first 2 weeks when it came back to java i don't wanna sound like an old person complaining about how things were better back at their time but skytonia was best when it had just come out the first few months were really fun , the lack of *good* updates pushed most of the original players away and failed to bring new players this is more of a personal issue not a general one but all of the people that were here when the server was relatively new are gone so here's the conclusion : the admins went money hungry and never actually delivered most of the updates that were promised which pushed the original and (most) nice players away didn't bring new players and here's what we're left with.

7. Noisyboy286

Noisyboy286 Member

The way to fix this is advertising but the staff dont want to do this so what is it either you advertise or you lose this server

8. Mercenary

Mercenary Member

It's not staff's job to advertise - that responsibility lies with the management team. Although I don't play here anymore, it's sad to see a server with potential slowly die off. I know we've recently had an update but updates are still scarce and I just don't think Skytonia is getting the same amount of care now as it did when it first opened. @Eraze please correct me if I'm wrong here, but this is just my opinion.

There's a couple of ways I think the server could continue its growth and I'll just lay them out here.

• More updates/announcements
    Updates haven't been consistently produced over the last few months, leaving the community wondering what is happening with the server. I'm not saying the players should be apprised of everything that is being planned, I just think that it'd be healthy to bang out some updates letting the community know that the server IS still being worked on and things are in the works.

• Advertising
    One of the biggest factors that can contribute to a server's growth is advertising. It honestly doesn't matter if the YouTuber has 500 subs or 50 million subs - if videos are being produced on this server by people that even have a small fanbase, then people are going to join. I'm not aware if the server has any marketing strategies in place, but to me it doesn't look like it, which means the server isn't getting the attention it needs to grow.

• New gamemode(s)
    I know the playerbase right now is fairly small, but I still think it would be a great idea to bring out another gamemode in the near future. The server has been out for over a year and a bit now, and I think some people are just getting slightly bored of Skyblock and MM. I myself, found both of these gamemodes extremely fun at the start, but as I played it more and more, I found myself running out of things to do. Sure, in Skyblock you can completely RP your island, but this can still get tiresome and if you do it enough times you'll lose interest in playing. Other than that it's just a grind for money to do the aforementioned. A new gamemode, I think, would entice older players to return, and offer something new to the server that the community can enjoy.

There are obviously other methods, but these are the top 3 I can think of. Again this isn't meant as a bash in any way. The server's great and I know it's still being worked on, I just think it needs a little more care to bring in new players.

9. bardofmind

bardofmind New Member

Might as well throw my opinion on this in here as well. I personally think that there is no simple solution to getting the server back up to it's old playercount. Things like this just take time and although you can speed it up there is no way to immediately fix it. Basically the answer is hope for the best and maybe get some friends to play on it.

10. biscuitscuit

biscuitscuit Member

I'm hoping my live streams I do will bring more players onto the server. At the very least, that is my goal.

11. xkawaiicutex

xkawaiicutex New Member

The server need to be advertised so people can know it's back on java edition and all my friends don't play no more so it just gets boring but still a good server.

12. Zalbus

Zalbus New Member

I mean @Eraze doesn't look to be active I mean last forums check is 4d so I think if he doesn't pick this up it's over.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. FoxPlayz

FoxPlayz Member

Here's the thing, It looks like the some of the Staff team is leaving. Tiger and Lapis aren't part of the team before. The server is really dying, I don't think it can be saved.

@Eraze, if you see this post, please do something for the server.

14. Zalbus

Zalbus New Member

6 days of inactivity on his part.

15. Zalbus

Zalbus New Member

I'm sorry to say this but on the activity of the staff & owner of @Eraze Unless he really tries to pick this up with more advertisement and YouTubers and updates. If he doesn't Skytonia is over. No one will play this server if the staff and owner are inactive and don't do updates. He may also want to try hiring another owner. I own a network and if you do not update often at all your server will die in activity (or if the staff and forums is dead)

16. FoxPlayz

FoxPlayz Member

Actually, there is a possibility that Skytonia will be quite active when Summer arrives. Since most players are in school, they'll be busy with school and the finals, same goes with the staff. I just hope my thought is correct.

17. Zalbus

Zalbus New Member

If it remains the same with staff and also the biggest staff member on the server the owner @Eraze It will remain the exact same.

18. Omayestt

Omayestt Active Member

I'm gonna be playing soon when I'm out of school, it's gonna be a blast I'm sure <3

19. Karina

Staff Member Helper
    Karina Helper

I’m sure the admins of the server has something planned to increase the player base on the server and the activity on the forums we will just have to wait