Welcome to Project Skytonia

Discussion in 'Skytonia Announcements' started by Eraze, Nov 10, 2016.

1. Eraze

Staff Member Administrator
    Eraze Administrator

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Introduction
    Welcome everyone, to the beginning of Project Skytonia! Before you begin reading, please understand that this is simply the opening of our forums, and the project itself. The server is not complete, however we want to allow our community to grow and expand, being a part of the project whilst it is being created. Words can’t begin to express how deeply excited I am about this project, and how eager I am to share the last 3 months of my life with you all. I want to give a warm welcome to anyone who is new and hasn’t met me yet, and a huge thank-you to all of you who I’ve already had the pleasure of meeting. Thank you for keeping in touch, staying curious and eventually following me here to be a part of this amazing project - without knowing there were people who cared about what I was doing, I wouldn’t have come this far!

Our Vision
    Now, with the reunion aside, let me explain what this place is! In late August, I founded this project based on a vision of mine, a vision to revolutionize a game mode, and provide the most developed, exciting and innovative Skyblock experience ever seen in Minecraft. Since the beginning of Minecraft, Skyblock has been one of the most popular and sought after game modes within the multiplayer side of this game. The thing is, this incredible game mode never got the attention it needed. Nobody has taken it upon themselves to take a hard look at what we have, and realize that it isn’t good enough - however, I’m happy to say those days are over. The team here at Skytonia have been working effortlessly to create the most complete, refined and joyful environment you could possibly imagine. It’s time for Skyblock to stop being a “good” game mode, and move to something incredible.

Skyblock aside, Skytonia has a much deeper meaning. Whilst being the best place for you to experience survival-based gameplay, Skytonia aims to be a friendly, close community for everyone. The team behind this project has a deep and meaningful value for others, and we want Skytonia to become a place where people can feel like they belong, a place where people can enjoy themselves without negativity, and share their opinions with others that genuinely care. Skytonia will be a family-friendly environment, fit for any kind of player that simply wants to enjoy the game and meet new people. Whilst this project might not be for everyone, and might not appeal to some people, we know that the Minecraft community is missing an environment like this, and we’re here to provide it for you - the community!

Contributors
    I want to take some time to give a special thank-you to anyone who contributed at all to this project, whether you’re a developer, an artist or just a friend who gave their opinion on something. But most of all, I want everyone to give a huge thank-you to @OhBlihv. Chris (OhBlihv) is the main Developer on this project and has been there from day one. To have someone who genuinely shares a vision with you, and helps effortlessly regardless of the situation is something that you never forget, and we most certainly wouldn’t be here today without him. Chris will play a major role in Skytonia as our lead developer, administrative member and much more, so please take some time to introduce yourself!

Conclusion

This post’s sole purpose was to finally open the curtains and show everyone what we have been working on, as well as allowing people to come forward and join this community within its growing stage. Not only will you help form this network into what it will become, however you will be a part of something huge, and something I’m certain people will be talking about in the near future. So, tell your friends, follow us on twitter (here) and spread the word, because things are about to get insane! Another post will follow within the next few days, as we announce our plans for the near future, including upcoming BETA’s and our roadmap to success!

Without further ado, welcome to your new home, and the next big thing. Project Skytonia.

#1 Eraze, Nov 10, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2017
    • Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. OhBlihv

Staff Member Administrator
    OhBlihv Administrator

Incredibly excited to be a part of the server - we hope you all enjoy the hard work! :)

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Erictigerawr

Erictigerawr Well-Known Member

Looking forward to launch! #HYPE

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Jeremiah

Jeremiah Well-Known Member

^ Me seeing this server

5. Eli

Eli New Member

I am very excited to review the server and play on it ;)
    I also plan to applying the coming weeks!

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  6. Kieran

Kieran Active Member

Excited to see what you have in store! Keep up the work Ben :D

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Bergmister

Bergmister Active Member

Finally, it all comes out now!! I've been waiting for you to do something like this since you left Desty!! Much love ❤️

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Mia

Mia New Member

Been waiting for something like this since you left, so proud, congrats, and hyped for the launch!! ♥

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Flame

Flame Member

Oh damn.

10. Jeremiah

Jeremiah Well-Known Member

Your face is oh damn ;)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Flame

Flame Member

So you yours ;)

12. AttackFox

AttackFox Member

I can't wait to see what's in store! #hypuu

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Anthony

Anthony Member

14. Snacky

Snacky Member

As they say, hard work pays off. It sure did, good job Eraze, OhBlihv.
    The forums look great, can't wait for the server release. Expecting a bang!​

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. GlitchedSights

GlitchedSights New Member

Excited to get in there!

16. Porridge33

Porridge33 New Member

Looking cool :D Interested to see how things play out :D

17. Unheroic

Unheroic Member

Looks nice

18. Flame

Flame Member