We're Moving To Bedrock Edition - The Next Big Thing!

Discussion in 'Skytonia Announcements' started by Eraze, Nov 14, 2017.

1. Eraze

Staff Member Administrator
    Eraze Administrator

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Greetings everyone! About time you saw something new on this home-page, right? Today I'm here to deliver some long awaited and incredibly exciting news, as Skytonia is about to enter it's next big phase! As I'm assuming you've already seen, we have a brand new logo here on our website to signify this large jump, and trust me, there's much more where that came from. Make sure you read as much as possible, as this update is incredibly important to every one of our community members. We can't wait to start this new adventure with you all, and we hope you enjoy. See you online!

What Is The "Bedrock" Platform?
    As you have most likely already noticed, you are no longer able to join our normal server and continue playing your games, and that's because everything is in a new place now, and that place is called the Bedrock Platform! The Minecraft Bedrock platform is a new version of the game that allows Windows 10, Phone, Tablet, Xbox and more users to play at the exact same time with each-other! If anyone here has played Minecraft on their phone before, you will understand exactly what I'm talking about!

Because this new Minecraft version is so awesome and has so many amazing features, we decided it would be the right place for Skytonia to live from now on, and we are very happy with that decision! So, from now on when you want to join Skytonia, you will need to do so through the new Minecraft app. If you're unsure how to get this new app, keep reading and we'll explain.

[​IMG]
    What Is New And What Has Changed.
    You're probably wondering exactly what's new with this change, and what is different - so buckle up! The following is a short list showcasing some of the main features that are different with this transition:

➜ New Game: BUILD BATTLE
    We have been working on a brand new game, and we wanted to start with something that will bring out the awesome creativity of our community! Build Battle is an awesome game where you can compete against other users to build the best thing based on the selected theme. Once users are finished their build in the 5 minute time frame, they can then vote for everyone else, and the users with the most votes win! This is only one of our upcoming games, so be sure to get online and have a go!
    [​IMG]

➜ New Maps: MURDER MYSTERY
    With this new move to the Bedrock Platform, we thought it'd be a great chance to re-visit some of our current maps and make some adjustments! For the moment, we have removed some of the current Murder Mystery maps, and decided to add two brand new ones. When playing Murder with your friends, you'll now be able to enjoy the spectacular "Grand Library" and "City Central" maps, courtesy of our Builder @Doctor_who_boy!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ➜ Store Is No-More!
    With this huge change, to begin with we have decided to completely remove our current store, meaning you will not be able to upgrade your rank or purchase a new one. There are a few reasons for this, the main one being that we have some amazing purchasable items coming soon, and we just want to get a feel for how this new community change works before we release them. We hope you understand!

➜ Removal Of Skyblock.
    Now, this is most likely our most saddening change that we have had to make. With a heavy heart, I must announce that Skyblock will not be moving to the new version of Skytonia at the moment. There are so many reasons that we couldn't make this possible, and I could spend hours explaining them. To put it simply, with the players we're expecting to have on this new Network, we simply won't be able to manage Skyblock successfully. We're focusing hard to be a fun and awesome Mini-games network, and because of that, we had to spend our time working on games for this new version of Skytonia. Because we had to re-code the WHOLE network to make this change possible, moving over Skyblock would have taken a much longer time, and we wanted to make this happen as soon as possible! We hope you can forgive us for this change, and enjoy the new content we have coming to Skytonia very soon. We have some things coming that will most certainly fill the creative void that Skyblock left, one being our new game Build Battle!

How Do I Join, Where's My Rank?
    Now, with all this exciting news, you're probably wondering how exactly you can get involved and join this new version of Skytonia, right?

To join Skytonia now, you will need to connect through a platform running on Bedrock Edition. These platforms include Windows 10, Phones, Tablets and Xbox coming soon! To get the Windows 10 edition for free, simply Log into account.mojang.com, and under the “My Games” heading you will find a button to claim your gift code. Pressing the button will generate a token and send you to a Microsoft redemption page.

Now, once you have your new version of Minecraft, you will need to log-in using an Xbox Live account. If you already have one, you can use that. If you don't have one, it is completely free and you'll be guided through that process when opening the game. Now that you're logged in, simply go to the "Servers" tab, and enter our server IP "fun.skytonia.com" like you would normally for any other server!

How to claim your existing donator rank:
    If you have been kind enough to donate for a rank on our current Skytonia server, there's a very easy way you can move that over to the new Skytonia! To do this, simply log into our OLD server on Java Minecraft. After being greeted with an information book, simply close that and enter the command in chat /link [Your Xbox Live name]. Please make sure you type your xbox live account name in correctly, as you won't be able to do this more than once. If you have any problems at all, don't hesitate to contact an Admin via Discord.

To anyone having issues claiming their free Windows 10 edition of Minecraft, check out this video for some easy instructions!

#1 Eraze, Nov 14, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2017
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Erictigerawr

Erictigerawr Well-Known Member

Woohoo, the team is super excited for release! We hope you all enjoy what we've been working on. :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Eraze

Staff Member Administrator
    Eraze Administrator

Finally... SKYTONIA IS BACK!

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  4. Wheelz

Wheelz Well-Known Member

hype

but when can i change my picture on here

• Like Like x 1
  5. justen

justen Member

6. Noisyboy286

Noisyboy286 Member

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS IM EXCITED FOR THESE CHANGES
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. RPPuppet

RPPuppet Member

8. RPPuppet

RPPuppet Member

I DON't HAVE MY MVP ANY MORE :(:(:(:(:eek::eek::( I BOUGHT IT THOUGH:confused::confused: AND I'M NOT BUYING IT FOR 60$ again ;-;

9. Pyne

Staff Member Moderator
    Pyne Moderator

Super excited to see how the network is gonna expand on this new platform. (Especially the future donator stuff)

Y’all have outdone yourselves. It may have taken quite some time, and I can see that there’s some opposition here and there— but it’s clear that you got your heart and soul into Skytonia and it’s community, and for that I’m more than grateful. ;)

Let’s make this upcoming year awesome!! :D

10. Golden_gameZ_YT

Golden_gameZ_YT New Member

HOLD ON! if you are moving skytonia to bedrock edition....
    will the IP change?

11. Wheelz

Wheelz Well-Known Member

If you go on the old server (via minecraft launcher) and log on and type /link (xbox account name) you will receive your rank :)

12. Wheelz

Wheelz Well-Known Member

IP is still fun.skytonia.com <---

13. Wyrl

Wyrl Member

14. Pokemonxdj

Pokemonxdj New Member

This is awesome! Skytonia Murder gets new maps + a new gamemode?!

ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN WOOOO WOOOOO!

15. MissCielaPhantomhive

I don't know how to get Bedrock for this and this server is the one I found from youtube...

16. Wheelz

Wheelz Well-Known Member

If you have windows 10, xbox, phone or tablet, you will be able to join the server.

17. Kirroo

Kirroo Well-Known Member

I don't have an xbox... I play pc and I do have a tablet but theres no option for Online... and I don't know if this is windows ten or not.. I don't have a phone either my parents don't trust me..

18. Peachy07

Peachy07 New Member

What Place?

19. maykitty04

maykitty04 New Member

Yo... Admins.. How were y'all so quiet about this for so long...o_O

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1